Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Family

Family....love em, dislike what they do. This is what many people have had to deal with for most of their lives. My family is a mosh-pit of emotions. At least my emotions. I feel like I need to take care of each and every member but then get upset when I can see they don't even want to help themselves. Or maybe they do want to help themselves but expect someone to get it started to for. How many times do you help them before you finally say forget it, you're on your own. It's easy for others to say just let be, but the guilt lays heavy on your mind when you actually do say that.
My older sister lives with a man that controls her. But I can't help but think she is letting him because it's easier to do that than to fight back. I haven't seen in her two years and her son doesn't know us. Her husband thinks we are evil and doesn't want their son around us. I'm going on Friday to see her and I'm so excited but am scared at the same time. I want to be the Aunt I know I can be to their son but I know he doesn't know us and it will be weird. I'm hoping her jackass of a husband doesn't give her hell after we leave on Sunday and I'm also hoping that maybe by seeing us my sister will give her the strenght she needs to either stand up to her husband and let us see her and her son or leave him. She says she wants to but I don't think she knows how to take that first step.
As for my fiance's family I love being around them! I love going there because there isn't any drama when we go to visit. We get to be the kids. They make sure we are ok and if we are sick they go get the tylenol for us.
Don't get me wrong, I love my parents with all my heart. I wouldn't change them for the world...I just wish I knew how to stop filling guilty for wanting to be the "kid" and not the "adult" with them.
Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment